Monday, January 23, 2012

Tinker Bell Half Marathon

Only 6 more days until the half marathon!!!!!!!!!
(For more information about the half marathon, read this blog post Tinker Bell Half Marathon )
All I can think about is the upcoming event. Infact, it is all I have thought about since January 1st. I'm sure my coworkers and friends are tired of hearing about it!
As most of you know, this is my FIRST half marathon. Heck, it's my first run of any type! So I have spent a lot of time trying to purchase and gather things I will need. I made a conscious decision to get things that will last and be used in other half marathons as well. With that said, I am now the proud owner of a real pair of running pants! The kind with cool wicking fabric and tiny hidden zippers! They were pricey but I think they will last a long time. I just hope they keep me warm! I bought plain old black. You can't go wrong with black, right? I also bought a couple long sleeve wicking fabric shirts. Old Navy is having a great deal if anyone is interested! By the way, wicking fabric is supposed to draw moisture away from your body. I don't *think* I'll get very sweaty since it's January and we will be racing before the sun comes up......... BUT this is my first run, so I have no idea- better be prepared! We will be given Tinker Bell Half Marathon shirts at the expo on Friday, so I'll wear that over my long sleeved shirt. Hopefully that's enough layers.
Now on to the fun stuff!
I purchased this skirt:
It's kind of like a tutu but made with ribbon. AS  you can see there are tiny Tinker Bells on the bottom of each ribbon. I may or may not add some tulle to make it a little more "poofy"... But yay, fun! There will be a ton of women in costumes and dressed up, so I'm going to participate! It's not much, but I didn't want to get too carried away in my first run! I also have a knitted flower ear warmer =) I probably won't have it on for the entire race, but ears will be warm and cute in the beginning at least LOL
The best news of all is that I won't be doing this race alone! Yay! My good friend Christine will be right along side me. We used to work at the Disney Store together 10 years ago! She has already done a half marathon with Disney before, so I'm glad I'll be with someone who is experienced. Another friend joining is Dianna! She is my old roommate, Domonique's Mom. She has done quite a few races, so I'm sure she will beat us to the finish line =)
After the race we will be celebrating at Goofy's Kitchen! It's located at the Disneyland Hotel and is character dining. Hopefully we will have our awesome medals to show off!

This week I will continue to strengthen my ankle with longer and longer walks. I am also going to start getting up earlier and earlier to prepare for the early morning call time!
Wahooooooo it's almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment