Friday, July 19, 2013

Running AGAIN!

I just wanted to say a giant THANK YOU to everyone for your support last year! The Tinker Bell Half Marathon in January of 2012 supported the Anaheim Community Foundation, and I personally supported Autism Speaks. So thank you to everyone who donated!!
I've been slowly recovering from my ankle problems, staying away from all running. Christine, my fantastic running friend, has run SEVERAL since then! And this year, we decided to try to run as a team once again! Ever since I heard about Run Disney and the half marathons, I have always wanted to do the Walt Disney World Princess Half Marathon! I missed the registration, which is why I ended up running the inaugural Tinker Bell Half Marathon. After Christine signed up for the February 2014 Princess Half Marathon, I decided I wanted to join her. I really want that tiara medal!!!!!!!!
This year we are running as a registered team! Not sure what that means, but hopefully we will get some cool stuff (see below post). I also feel much better running with her since she has done a Princess Half before. And of course, because we are obviously good running buddies! Hopefully this time I won't hold her back LOL!!
For the Princess Half Marathon, I will be raising money for Diabetes Research http://www.diabetesresearch.org/ in honor of my Grandma K who has type 1. In addition, the Princess Half Marathon benefits the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Any donations will be greatly appreciated (Click the Donate button on the top left of this site)!
Thank you for joining us on this next journey! Florida, here we come! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment