Friday, August 13, 2010

Believe It, We're Doing It!

Janelle and I think up some crazy things. Moves, jobs, a birthday party for Barbie?....
This time, you won't believe what we have gone and gotten ourselves into.......
We are going to run in a half marathon for the FIRST TIME EVER.
Not just any marathon- the Disney Princess Half Marathon in Orlando, Florida around Epcot and the Magic Kingdom! Now that's our kind of marathon!
My body is already in nervous shock from the anticipation. Did I mention that I hate running. Like, H-A-T-E it. I never do it. Heck I don't do any exercise! So why are we doing this half marathon? I'll tell you why..... because only Disney can get me to run. Yes, it's true. I tried participating in "Biggest Loser Contest" at the office thinking it would motivate me to actually "be fit"... That was a giant laugh. I got a dog thinking I would walk more... that didn't work either.
My Co-Worker and friend, Mele, my parents, and my long time friend, Vanessa have given me hope and encouragement that this can be done. That I, the lazy bum, can do this. I need to do this to stay healthy. I need to find motivation to keep my heart and lungs strong. One of the motivants behind this particular half marathon is to educate women in health and fitness. I am definitely that target. In fact, the weekend kicks off with the Fit For a Princess Expo. Fit Princess = Me.
Besides running for our health, we're also running for some great organizations. Disney is raising money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Just by registering and participating, we're contributing to their program. However, Janelle and I would also like to run for the Diabetes Research Institute on behalf of my grandma, her royal highness, Grandma K! Anything we raise beyond the registration fees will go to diabetes research. We're running for you, Grandma!
Your help would be greatly appreciated. No, we don't expect you to run along side of us - so you can breathe that sigh of relief! But, a sponsorship donation would be AWESOME. Just use the link on the left to send a payment. If you know anyone who would like to contribute, please forward the link to this blog or our e-mail address, teambelieve2011@gmail.com.
The below post contains more information about the run. I'll continually update this blog with posts of how our training is going. It should be quite funny!
Thank you for tagging along on this journey. We hope it brings inspiration to others and encourages everyone to BELIEVE.
~Krysta

2 comments:

  1. Krysta! I would LOVE to do this marathon with you!! I HATE running too! and I've been telling myself to do one that is fun with friends! Unfortunately...those dates wont work for me! dang! Have fun! when I get paid I will donate to your cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Holly!! I know, it's going to be so fun- well, minus the running LOL Maybe we'll do it again and you can join us!!
    ~Krysta

    ReplyDelete